Mike Malloy Forum Index Mike Malloy
Welcome Truthseekers!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama and Gingrich: Two oopsy moments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Malloy Forum Index -> Politics Free-for-all
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri
- MASTER TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Obama and Gingrich: Two oopsy moments Reply with quote

Democracy Now! wrote:
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: We will be strengthening our presence in the Asia Pacific, and budget reductions will not come at the expense of that critical region. We’re going to continue investing in our critical partnerships and alliances, including NATO, which has demonstrated time and again, most recently in Libya, that it’s a force multiplier. We will stay vigilant, especially in the Middle East. I think it’s important for all Americans to remember, over the past 10 years, since 9/11, our defense budget grew at an extraordinary pace. Over the next 10 years, the growth in the defense budget will slow, but the fact of the matter is this: it will still grow, because we have global responsibilities that demand our leadership. In fact, the defense budget will still be larger than it was toward the end of the Bush administration.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/20/tariq_ali_obamas_expansion_of_af

Obama avers, without a hint of equivocation, that the military budget will continue to grow over the next ten years. How can he possibly vouch for that? He may not be in office in 2013 - and definitely won't be in 2017. He is only in a position to influence military spending for the next 5 years maximum. So how can he possibly project ahead ten years? This tells me that these decisions (EG as regards military spending) are, ultimately, not made in the WH or in congress. The question must then be asked: If not there, then where? The Pentagon? Corporate boardrooms? Face it: Oversight of the military by elected civilian officials is not operative in the Noonited States. Obama has admitted as much. Oops.

Democracy Now! wrote:
Newt Gingrich: "I think the destructive, vicious, negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office, and I am appalled that you would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that. To take an ex-wife and make it, two days before the primary, a significant question in a presidential campaign is as close to despicable as anything I can imagine."

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/20/headlines#0

Gingrich asserts that there is a dearth of "decent people" running for public office. His very presence as a candidate in the GOP presidential primary is living proof of this since, of all the things that may used to describe Gingrich, being "decent" is unquestionably not one of them. Oopsy #2. And this self-inflicted shot to the foot is what is breathing new life into his campaign? Go figure. Rolling Eyes

This space for rent
NeonLX
- TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're paying too close attention there, Yuri...we murkans ain't got that kind of analytical depth, y'know...

Sorry...just be jumping into my usual role as eternal optimist. Smile

That quote by the Hopemonculus is downright scary, by the way...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Malloy Forum Index -> Politics Free-for-all All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: