Mike Malloy Forum Index Mike Malloy
Welcome Truthseekers!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gerald R. Ford: The Master of MopUp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Gerald R. Ford: The Master of MopUp Reply with quote

This is a post on another forum (www.breakfornews.com), and a well-done pictorial disseration on the function of Gerald Ford through political history:

Quote:
backandtotheleft wrote:
GERALD FORD, JR. 1913-2006

Ah, the accidental President with a 'legacy of healing'.

He was never elected either as President or Vice President and yet he served his nation as its 38th President.

Does that actually happen by accident?

:roll:

Ford became President because he was a team player.

That's from his days as a WWII Navy man. He installed the basketball court on the USS Monterey aircraft carrier elevator. How clever.

The young man, born Leslie King Jr., was a standout Football Star before the war.

And after Naval Service, he went the route of the Politician:

He came to Washington in 1949 and immediately fell in with a certain crowd.

(The Chowder and Marching Club, by the way, was formed in 1949 by 15 House Republicans who didn't want the American Government to pay monthly bonuses to war veterans. How generous...)

According to the ever trustworthy Time Magazine,

Quote:
Ford was Nixon's closest political colleague. "I treasured his friendship," Ford said later. "When I took the oath of office in the well of the House in 1949, the very first person who came up to shake my hand was Dick Nixon."

Dick Nixon? (Seen here with Precsott Bush.)

Hmmm...

Good ol' Dick, of course, soon became Vice President under Eisenhower...

...while Ford served dutifully for more than a decade in what Eisenhower would later (almost) call the "Military-Industrial-Congressional-Complex."

Then in 1960, the stage was set to transfer power to one of the two orthodox choices:

Good ol' Dick:

and the Democratic heavy:

Time Magazine, it seems, really wanted LBJ. They kept pushing him.

But it turned out that nobody outside Texas liked LBJ, and a younger man snagged the nomination with the help of his charming family.

And so JFK faced off against good ol' Dick.

Despite being Prescott's pick, Ike's VP, and Ford's long-time buddy, good ol' Dick lost the general election by .2% - thanks to the crooked Daley Democratic machine in Chicago and some well-timed vote fraud in West Virginia.

Now, since we all know what happened to JFK (seen here without Secret Service agents holding their handlebars mounted on the back of the limo)...

...let's just say Time got its wish.

And team-player Gerald Ford stepped in for mop-up. He was joined by a cast of the usual suspects.

Then, while proclaiming peace, LBJ went to war...

...where he quickly got bogged down enough to give the Republicans some traction:

And Gerald Ford, having proven himself trustworthy, became Minority House leader.

Things were looking good for the Republicans in 1968 but there was still one last Democratic hurdle...

...and so Time finally got its other wish.

But good ol' Dick couldn't stay out of trouble. Luckily, when Vice President Agnew resigned over criminal charges of tax evasion and money laundering, good ol' Dick had the perfect man to turn to:

By that point, however, it was only a matter of Time for good ol' Dick...

...who became the first President to resign from the office due to scandal.

And so the Americans got the 'accidental' President, and the 'healing' meme started immediately.

And, of course, as a team player, Ford's first major act of healing was the total pardon of his longtime buddy.

His next major act of healing involved reshuffling the Presidential team. Ford brought in a couple of then unfamiliar faces including Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld:

It seems the Americans, having been through the emotional ringer from the multiple assassinations, the war, and Watergate, were finally questioning their government.

So, Ford quickly named George Bush to head the CIA.

You guessed it. Gerald Ford mopped up again.

And Ford, ever the team player, then pushed George Bush just as far up the ladder as he could.

For which Ford later received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Ah... Gerald Ford. What a guy. We will miss you dearly.

Angelika

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job!!! Thanks for reposting that... chilling American History lesson alrightl...

and that last photo... jeezes... what cold splendor... such empty laughter...

*shiver*
rroja

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheney looked creepy even back then.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate bumping up my own posts. But I will. Laughing
sherry razor
Apprentice Truthseeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less well known is [Another Unelected President] Ford's involvement in East Timor. Both the New York Times and Washington Post failed to mention in their obituaries today that Ford and Henry Kissinger, his Secretary of State, offered advance approval of Indonesia’s brutal invasion of East Timor.
"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."

Malcom X
what now toons
Apprentice Truthseeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: "Good Bye Mr. Nice Guy" ( My Ass!!! ) Reply with quote

Gerald Ford, the first non-elected U.S. President, bravely waited until his death to voice his opinion that the Iraq war was a mistake. 3000 dead Americans, and hundreds of Iraqi dead and counting.
Thank you Mr. Nice Guy.
Thank you for the 200,000 dead ( National Security archive) in East Timor, where you gave Indonesian dictator Suharto the go ahead to do whatever invasion you want in E. Timor, the weapons will keep coming.
Then there's the appointment of Donald Rumsfield as your secretary of Defense, Dick Cheney as your White House Chief of staff, and don't let me forget your appointment of Herbert Walker Bush as head of the CIA. Your a real nice guy, helping all those folks to power.
Yeah a real nice guy.
Now Democrats, look what we get for being nice with these snakes.
cartoons with a progressive edge www.whatnowtoons.com
ocenbrz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this explains why he has had so much publicity over his funeral arrangements. Betty must be just trying to adjust the Family to Purgetory. I know Christians are a little sketchy on this concept but you can never be too careful. She is going to miss him in the afterlife.

I have seen this scenario though in different forms. People you want so much to believe are good, with so much to hide. He could confess to not wanting the War but not to his involvement in the JFK cover-up? Of course he reasoned they were all such sinners, so they just got their punishment a little early right? Well, now it is Ford's turn to face the Reaper.

No wonder my Generation is so screwed-up, look at our Role-Models? No heart and no heads to think with. I guess at least the Navy was lucky, their boy kept them from Nuking Iran but now with Ford gone, how safe are they now from those who are only living to see this World Destroyed?

They got to live their lives, so who cares right? Where was Ford again, while all of those young Soldiers were dying on Foriegn Soil? He never knew what it was like, facing a made up enemy face to face. Like the rest, he probably reasoned, they were expendable. If they had any smarts, they would have stayed far away from any land based Service.

Do you think that kind of logic will get him to Heaven? Nirvana? Valhalla at least? Nope, didn't die in battle. Confessions made from the Grave just don't count. No honor in this Man at all.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocenbrz wrote:
He could confess to not wanting the War but not to his involvement in the JFK cover-up?

The fundamental difference in those two events is paramount. If we don't get that, we have no hope of grasping political reality.

He, and others, and supposed to speak out against the War. The War has been designed as a phony meme for traction by the 'opposition'. It's political theater to bring the Left back to power, as it's already begun to do. The Iraq War disaster is a deliberate, uncovered for public consumption, 'mistake.' It's deliberate, it's designed, it's part of the script, and it will continue to reap political benefits as Bush's adherance to his designed lunacy drags the GOP down in 2008. The Dems are swinging back to power (sort of) and that War is the vehicle.

It's all over the MSM - we've read the articles, we've seen the pictures. The corporately-owned, totally whored-out MSM. Not only does it remain seen as a faux pas by the administration, but the MSM is percieved as an entity that actually can do journalism when "it wants to." Bullsh*t. I think it's safe to say that the MSM now conforms to the govt's intended perception of reality, as opposed to the 'normal' opposite, where the media reports actual reality. They don't report, they conform to a phony reality, and blatantly propagandize for this fascist regime.

And this is a global situation, not just the U.S. media. The entire communications structure is nothing but a collection of corporately-owned entities, carefully aligned into psuedo-contentious positions, so that both sides of every issue can be managed from above. And that means the wire services on one side and the mainstream "independent" entities that appear to oppose them at times (see:al-Jazeera). In the eyes of the masses, the internet does not hold a credibility candle to the MSM... and if and when that time comes, the corporate/globalists will be sure to completely control that as well. They're working on it as we speak.
what now toons
Apprentice Truthseeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: I left out an important word... Reply with quote

Gerald Ford, the first non-elected U.S. President, bravely waited until his death to voice his opinion that the Iraq war was a mistake. 3000 dead Americans, and hundreds of Iraqi dead and counting
I left out an inmprtant word I had meant to write, the word, "thousands", as in " hundreds of thousands of Iraqi dead...". Please excuse my typo.
Keep the truth alive in 2007
Angelika

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumpl4skn wrote:
I hate bumping up my own posts. Laughing

No you don't Twisted Evil

Bumped it from where? page one and a half? Laughing (I got one sittin on page 51 about ready to fall off the cliff)...

we gotta make sure to keep this one alive though...

PS: you see... I just bumped it again too Wink
BA_BureauChief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pet peeve of mine...

The FMR has just about made it gospel that Mayor Richard M. Daley of Chicago stole the '60 election from Nixon. In fact, it's an old joke to say "Bury me in Chicago so I can remain politically active..."

In any case, JFK won the electoral vote 303 to 219 and even if Illinois had gone for Nixon it would NOT have changed the outcome.

Funny how the 1960 popular vote remains an issue for the FMR, but the 2000 elections?

Fuhgedaboudit.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct, BA. But I firmly believe that, in this country, every election that can be stolen is.

And one's personal outrage at that scenario - when either discovered or implied - is directly proportionate to one's own political leanings.

Go team. Cool
ocenbrz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I didn't mean to imply that the two events are connected in any way. Just that one confession, while you have other vagrant sins, just isn't enough, at least from what I have read of the Bible and I have read it through many times.

Yes, of course, this whole War thing is just a great money making scheme and Power grab. That was why Saddam had to be eliminated. He got too much attention. "At least he was our Terrorist". Lucky us.

I do believe any Election that can be stolen is. The system is flawed. Especially when you take in the actual size of the United States. Though really, it is only in certain select States, with the most voters that really have to be abused. All the talk of illegals voting and stuff is just junk that fills up the empty spaces in a Newspaper.

Some guy in Penn. told me flat out that he used three names to vote with. Probably an elderly Relative and his damn cat. What else is new? Santorum lost and that is all I really care about. Should have saved his number, just for the fun of it!

The Bush's are where they are because they can care less if there is a Heaven or Hell. They consider that an extreme advantage because they Murder people just like the Mob. At least the Mob can go to confession, pay off a Priest and sleep at night. The Bush's they don't care either way. It's about Money and Power. Only those who are willing to kill can be a part of the Family. It was why "Pickles" Bush fit so well into the Family Plot.

They are nothing better than a street gang. Though they have real money and run their business with only the most skewered Business Mongrels they can find. They justify their ways by saying, they are the Government and they are this Countries Wealth. Without them, we are nothing.

It is just another team of crooks. They are all fighting over the same piece of pie and we are just pawns. I understand all of this completely. Yet please forgive me, since I didn't ask to be born, that I be at least a little disgusted by this whole scene with Ford.

Is no one good any longer? I realize that it has always been this way but seeing all of this show is a harsh reminder that Humans in general are too much like fungus' and infections. Some of us just do what we can, just because we have all of this time to take up.

Some can just escape into unreality land. It's alright but I have to breathe once in awhile, so I might as well do something useful when I can.

I didn't have great expectation from the Dems.. I just voted for most of them to change the balance of power. I know my vote means very little but I did what I felt I had to do. Change is so difficult but if we don't fight these Warmongers, then we have no reason to voice our complaints about how the World around us is.

Together though, we can make some changes. Good or Bad, we have to believe in ourselves and do what we can. History proves we can make changes, even if they may not be lasting.

I will however call Ford what he is. Nice wrapping with a festering wound that ended the lives of hundreds and thousands of Americans. He had a voice, just like we do and I see how he used it.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, along with what I feel is the best candidate for a companion audio, Webster Tarpley on the Ford Legacy:

http://www.gunsandbutter.net/archives.php?si=164
Angelika

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate this thread to be permanently archived in "The Library".

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Malloy Forum Index -> The Library All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: