Mike Malloy Forum Index Mike Malloy
Welcome Truthseekers!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Malloy Cruise Pictures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri
- MASTER TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Malloy Cruise Pictures Reply with quote

Miss Molly

More Miss Molly

Mike at first meet-n-greet

(L-R) Yuri, Mike, Kathy, Molly, Alica (my wife)

Kathy & Molly

Yuri & Mike

Molly, Mike, Kathy, Alica

Alica (across from Club Embarcadero Pacifico resort - Puerto Vallarta)

Mike, Alica, Gerry

Alica & Yuri

Mike & Molly

Molly, Mike, Kathy, Yuri

Yuri, Alica, Gerry, Sandy

Alica - San Diego airport

This space for rent

Last edited by Yuri on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tom
- SIMIAN SLAYER -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo's. Thanks Yuri.

How about a review of events?
greyowl
VETERAN TRUTHSEEKER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a great time. So got any stories?
BA_BureauChief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there was the food...

and nap time.

Meow!
Yuri
- MASTER TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A report, eh? I’m not much of a raconteur, but I’ll try.

The ship that we sailed on is the Dawn Princess and looks like this:

We had sunny weather throughout the cruise and fairly calm waters. By the time we hit Cabos the temperature was about 85 degrees and then hovered around 95 degrees when we got to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

Our first meeting with the Malloys was last Monday and lasted for three hours. Mike took the opportunity to inform us of his background and experiences in the radio business. He reminisced on his days at Air America, speculated on how much longer the network may continue to be around (not too long, he says) and presented his vision of how Nova M will become the premier liberal talk network when Air America is no more.

About 60 people showed up for the Truthseeker’s Cruise. There were a number of ardent 9-11 Truthers and NWO CTers. One fairly intense fellow showed up with a suitcase packed with books and articles about the sundry cabals and bankers that have (reportedly) been making our lives miserable for centuries. The rest of the people were genial working folks from all walks of life including truckers, engineers, doctors, public defenders, writers, graphic artists, dentists, etc. I would say that the median age was around 55 and evenly split between men and women.

Our second get-together was on Friday and also lasted three hours. On that occasion we decided that everyone would get up, introduce himself/herself, and explain what his/her particular passion is. This we did, and the passions ranged from saving the environment, to instant runoff voting, getting rid of the BCF, gay rights, launching new 9-11 investigations, promoting humanist values, and so on. Of the five-dozen people, about six where from Arizona and the highest number (9) were from Washington State – with a good showing too of people from Oregon and California. There were also folks from Illinois, Iowa, and our very own Gordon from Oklahoma. One very neat friend that I made (Gerry from Scottsdale, formerly from Cleveland) was a heavy-duty Browns/Indians fan and one gent sported a Red Sox tee-shirt, but, sorry, Tom, no Bears fans that cared to admit it. :wink:

One lady, whose name I regretfully don’t remember, stood up and said that she never thought that these words would ever be uttered: “America tortures people.” She then went on to say the most right-on thing that I’ve heard in years: “I would rather die in a bomb blast than be saved by torture.” This got a big round of enthusiastic applause.

During this second meeting, the 9-11 Truth faction urged the rest of us to spend the remainder of the allotted time watching ‘Loose Change’. Most of us had already seen the movie and ambled off, but about half a dozen stayed behind to watch the movie on the meeting room’s AV system.

Our last formal get-together was on Saturday for cocktails and canapés for an hour just before dinner. Here the time was spent networking, trading email addresses, blog URLs, phone numbers, etc. One fellow collected email addresses for a reflector group that he is supposedly going to set up on Yahoo to try and keep us cruise-takers in touch with one another. (Which reminds me: BA – or anyone else who might know – I told the fellow that I wasn’t too comfortable with Yahoo and asked him whether he might consider another host. He wasn’t aware of any other, but mentioned that he’d prefer a Linux-based application, and I told him that I would ask around for alternatives and get back to him.) It struck me as curious that so many of the people there weren’t familiar with the existence of this forum as a means to staying in touch and commenting on topics raised on Mike’s show. I hope to have lured a good number of them here as I think that quite a few of them would fit right in and be welcome.

We also all met nightly at sit-down dinners in a fairly swank restaurant. The first night we were pretty scattered about because we had been assigned seating randomly. But after the first meet-and-greet we decided to ignore the pre-assigned seating arrangements and locate ourselves at tables closer together. In this way most of us had ample opportunity to enjoy Mike and Kathy’s company, as they were nice enough to move from table to table for an entrée here and a dessert course there. Mike and Kathy were gracious and gregarious during the day as well, and Alica and I enjoyed swims and pleasant conversations with them on the pool deck. Molly was a total charmer whenever we encountered her – a really sweet little girl and she can swim with her head in the water like a fish!

During our last get-togethers Mike mentioned that he had a blast on the cruise – both as a radio talk-show host and as a person. He called the experience “clarifying.” I couldn’t agree more. Except for the intensity of the single issue types, Alica and I had the best vacation that we can remember (without the kids for the first time – pretty much a second honeymoon) and got to spend many hours with thoughtful, intelligent, and well-intentioned people with whom we shared a great deal in common. I’m convinced that many enduring friendships were made and that there’d be a really good turn out for a repeat excursion of a similar type.

So yeah, good times! Many thanks to Mike, Kathy and the people at Nova M who put this thing together. Very Happy

This space for rent
BA_BureauChief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the pic for more. If you strudel, they will come...

BTW: What's the German for: " If I said you have a nice rack, would you hold it against me? "

Just Askin' Wink
scottymac54

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...a really good turn out for a repeat excursion of a similar type..."

Would you do the same destination again, or would you want a different tour?

I'm really glad you guys had a good time on the trip!
Yuri
- MASTER TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottymac54 wrote:
Would you do the same destination again, or would you want a different tour?

There was talk about a swing through the Caribbean (if there is a) next time around. Quite a few people (ourselves included) mentioned that a stay at all all-inclusive resort would be preferable to cruising. Nothing definite was decided upon, though - at least that I'm aware of.

This space for rent
alvagoldbook
Apprentice Truthseeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted to go myself, but I have to care for a sick and very old kitty.
debbie n
Apprentice Truthseeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yuri for the info. Wish I could have gone but I could not go on Vacation because we were supposed to be busy. Yeah yippe skippy. I still had to answer phones. Oh well maybe next time they do something. I hope. Cool
The Right Is Wrong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! Mike's in pretty darn good shape physically.
BA_BureauChief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing next to Yuri, anyone could look good............. :lol:

(Did I say that out loud?)
Yuri
- MASTER TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that! Evil or Very Mad

But yeah, Mike's in amazing shape. I'm 20 years younger than him, but I've a feeling he could whup my ass in a scrap. Shocked

This space for rent
blues90
- TRUTHSEEKER -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting all the photo's .

I wish I could have gone but I am not good with crowds or the open water not to leave out the funds we do not have .

I have a difficult time even calling into the show however I've made a few calls .

We seem to have voted for NOTHING !
Lisa B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pic's thanks for the share Wink
greyowl
VETERAN TRUTHSEEKER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA_BureauChief wrote:
Standing next to Yuri, anyone could look good............. :lol:

(Did I say that out loud?)

Thats just wrong. I'm sure quite a few of us keyboard jockeys have a few pounds to lose. I used to be fit when I was working construction but I can tell you working behind a desk does your body no favors.
BA_BureauChief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kid! I kid! I'm no Ahnold myself...

On second thought...
Neither is Ahnold...

(But at least I have hair on my chest, and back) :twisted:

Shallel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Too Much Reply with quote

That last pic was uncalled for.

Glad you guys had a good time.

I was thinking how lucky Molly is to be among such enlighted beings, and
where she will take this truth in her future. The liars days are numbered!

Peace and Blessings,

Shallel
GordonOKC
Infidel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri, it was a pleasure to have finally met you and your lovely wife. It was also a joy to listen to you speak, you have a beautiful voice with which you present your views admirably.

I can't recall the lady's name who made the statement about preferring to "die from a bomb blast rather than being saved by torture, but if I recall correctly she is a very lively and lovely 80 year old.

I was impressed by the turnout from Canada. At our dinner table was absolutely wonderful lady named Mary Jo who traveled from France!

GordonOKC's blog
ddunlop4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Truthseeker Cruise Reply with quote

Hi Yuri and GordonOKC;

We enjoyed so much meeting you on the cruise. We have enjoyed your posts many times in the past and never made the connection to your posts until now. We are usually just readers, now that we are among friends we had to say Hi and thanks for making our vacation such a meaningful one.

Dan and Debbie
Windsor, On
Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Malloy Forum Index -> The Library All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: